A little while back I tested a pattern for Sweet Melissa at Sew Bittersweet Designs. It was her All Framed Up pattern. My goodness, this was such a nice easy pattern that was easy to read and went together so quickly. I was able to get the cutting done so quickly (even with interruptions), I liked how it was broken down in the instructions. And the entire quilt went together in just a day. Score on the perfect new quilt gift pattern!
This pattern screamed for me to use some special fabrics that I have been
I finished the top in early July and took a few quick pictures at the boat with help from my little nephew, such a great quilt holder.
| All Framed Up top with Chis helping hold it. |
In August I was able to finish the quilting and the binding. I am in total love with this quilt, but as soon as my dad saw it he asked if it was for him. Hmm, this is the first time he liked a quilt this much. He really liked how the fabrics stood out in the blocks.
It is backed with a green batik that reminded me of sea grass, perfect for a shore quilt.
We have clams, sea grasses, and shells in the quilt. The purple just matched the special fabrics perfectly.
Up close you can see the lines and waves that I free motioned across the quilt.
I am loving this pattern and how it really lets the fabrics stand out. It was so quick to come together and I can totally see another beach themed quilt done with this pattern.
Quilt Stats -
All Framed Up on the Jersey Shore
52" x 52"
Pellon 100% cotton batting
Various batiks, including special NJ ones :)
Pieced and quilted by me on my home machines.
Linking to linky Party Tuesday at Freemotion by the River and Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.
Various batiks, including special NJ ones :)
Pieced and quilted by me on my home machines.
Linking to linky Party Tuesday at Freemotion by the River and Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.

Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour version is stunning! Thank you!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! So, my question is, are you going to let your dad have it?
ReplyDelete